This role will focus on the development and execution of the Financial Crime Compliance Program across the Credit Suisse (including Private Banking and Investment Banking), especially around the area of new client approvals and ensure that the Program meets internal and applicable local legal or regulatory requirements and standards.
The individual would be part of a wider Compliance team and will be required to provide regional support to the various country MLROs in ensuring that Global and Regional FCC standards are appropriately implemented.
A. Advisory and Regional Support
a. Provide Compliance advice to the Singapore PB Business and supporting functions on Client Identification matters pertaining to new rules, regulations and initiatives including the necessary impact assessments;
b. Provide regional advisory support and ensure applicable global and regional standards are appropriately implemented locally;
c. Ensure any emerging trends or relevant control issues from the country is escalated to Regional FCC Management;
B. Client Identification
a. Provide Compliance approvals for all Client Identification matters, including ensuring all account approval satisfied the required standards in relation to Financial Crime Compliance;
C. Regulatory Developments, Policies and Procedures
a. To keep abreast of the regulatory developments and to provide the relevant updates to the stakeholders
b. To update the relevant procedures to ensure compliance with the new regulatory requirements;
1) Bachelor of Law / Accounting / Business / Economics / Finance and related academic qualification;
2) At least 2 to 6 years of relevant AML / KYC experience within Private / Wealth Management Bank;
3) Strong understanding of AML / CFT regulations and requirements in Asia-Pacific countries, notably Singapore, Hong Kong and international AML standards (FATF, Wolfsberg).
1) Pro-active and self-starter, with a can-do attitude
2) Strong analytical ability, and a problem solver with the ability to think out of the box;
3) Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with key internal clients including business, client onboarding, operations and other general counsel colleagues etc;
4) Good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills;
5) Ability to multi-task and prioritize;
6) Ability to work under pressure;
7) Experience in dealing with the regulators and auditors would be preferable;
8) VBA or Excel macro knowledge would also be preferable