Key Purpose of the Job :
Key Area of Responsibility :
1. Follow up the R&D activity and Trim development with US office Trim Specialist for Salesman, from input to adoption, including checking technical info, prices, supply conditions, quality.
2. Translate designer directions into technical information to suppliers.
3. Work with suppliers independently on product development.
4. Monitor trim development calendar and ensure On Time Performance.
5. Check Trim Technical Sheets from suppliers based on Vendor Manual standards.
6. Arrange with Lab in-house tests of approved trims and highlight potential issues to VFA & / or US Brand.
7. Arrange Seasonal Trim Book with approved items.
8. Communication with Team on development status / outstanding issues and update Development database and Trim Books daily.
9. Benchmark Materials in the market for Cost Saving and help to discuss MOQ and Lead Time with suppliers.
10. Visit trim supplier showroom and factory.
11. Look in the market for novelties and alternatives
12. During production, provide suppliers with the Bulk Forecast file sent by US office
13. Coordinate with Lab to instruct suppliers on 3rd Party test required and collect the Test Reports, which are consolidated and sent to US office