Rank : Executive Assistant IIIA
Office : Hong Kong East Cluster
Pay : HK$15,434 - HK$17,733 per month (See Remarks 1-6)
1. Carry out clerical duties in ward, including general clerical work, filing, message receiving, supplies and related stores keeping and inventory checking.
2. Handle patients’ and visitors’ enquiries.
3. Maintain medical records, and if required, trace laboratory, radio-diagnostic and other investigation reports.
4. Assist in obtaining medical consultation appointments and arranging transport services for patients.
5. Perform recording and other administration procedures such as the patient admission and discharge procedures.
6. Assist in maintaining inventory of supplies, furniture and equipment and to perform related stores keeping duties.
7. Assist in Staff Rostering Systems entering.
8. Assist in giving instructions to supporting staff to carry out ward duties.
9. Assist in handling feedback and complaints with relevant departments.
10. Assist in co-ordination of meetings / training programs, prepare powerpoint files and draft meeting minutes.
11. Assist in preparing monthly and ad hoc returns to management and managing ward / department guidelines & protocol, patient information such as pamphlets.
12. Collect data, compile statistics and conduct simple analysis.
13. Support clinical research / education / teaching activities.
14. Ordering and handling patients’ diet and ward dispensary items.
15. Other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
1. F.5 / S.5 with (a) or (b) below :
a) HKCEE 5 passes including English Language (Syllabus B) and Chinese Language; or equivalent; OR
b) 5 subjects in HKDSE attaining the level specified below :
Level 2 in English Language and Chinese Language; and
2. F.5 / S.5 with experience.
1. Willing to work in ward area
2. Good at interacting with people with customer service skills
3. Able to perform typing and computer operation in MS Office and Chinese word processing.
For Serving HA Staff
1. The selected candidate will be offered either contract or fixed term appointment for 1-3 years depending on his / her existing employment terms.
The offer of salary for serving employees upon changes in appointment will be determined based on the remuneration package / employment terms of the staff concerned and prevailing policies.
2. Serving Executive Assistant II (Ward) may also apply. If selected, they will remain in their prevailing rank of Executive Assistant II (Ward) upon transfer.
For External Applicants
3. Appointment will be on contract terms for an initial period of 1-3 years. 5% of total basic salary as end-of-contract gratuity may be offered upon completion of contract with satisfactory performance.
4. Retiring / retired HA staff who wish to continue working for HA after their normal retirement may also apply. If selected, the terms and conditions of employment will be offered in accordance with prevailing policies of the Retired and Rejoin Mechanism of HA.
5. Retiring / retired Executive Assistant II (Ward) or Clerical Grade staff who possess 3 years’ working experience in a ward environment in Hospital Authority before normal retirement or completion of contract at normal retirement age, if recommended for appointment, will be appointed to the rank of Executive Assistant II (Ward).
For All Applicants
6. Applicants if find suitable, will be employed to undergo 6 months’ structured training. A monthly basic salary of HK$14,031 will be offered during the training period.
Upon completion of training and subject to passing the assessment on skills and performance, the monthly basic salary will be increased to HK$15,434 .
Employment may be terminated if the selected applicant fails to pass the assessment after training.
7. Executive Assistant IIIA(Ward) with 3 years’ working experience in a ward environment and satisfactory performance may be progressed to Executive Assistant II(Ward) (monthly basic salary HK$17,888 HK$21,743) subject to passing assessment and selection.
8. May be required to work irregular hours.
9. May be required to work in another work location to meet service needs of the HA.
10. May be required to wear uniform and return to post during typhoons, rainstorm and other contingencies.
11. The renewal / extension of appointment will be subject to service needs and job performance.
12. For more information about this position, please watch the video via the following link
13. Please submit on-line application on or before 23 March 2022.