Position / Title : Manager, Marketplace Merchandising - Licensing
Function : Product
Geographic Scope : Licensee markets, including Japan, India, Taiwan & Philippines
Revenue / Business Scope : All Vans product categories (footwear, apparel & accessories) in APAC licensee market
Reporting Manager (Designation) : Position Reporting Into Sr. Regional Merchandising Manager, Strategic Accounts
Dotted Line : 0
Location of Position : Hong Kong
Role & Responsibilities :
Job Definition (Key Purpose of the Job) :
The Regional Merchandising Manager for Licensee Markets will be responsible for owning and championing the licensee account merchandising strategies on a seasonal basis, ensuring they support the global product vision and regional marketplace strategies.
This person will work closely with global and regional partners in sales, product, marketing, quality, and legal, to ensure the licensee business is aligned with the overall brand strategy.
Key Result Areas :
1.Manage all product communication between licensees and Vans, including briefs, CAD’s, linelists, and other relevant reports and documents related to product and merchandising.
2. Develop processes centered around the planning and execution of product merchandising strategies and align closely with regional and global objectives to drive mutual profitability between Vans and licensees.
3. Partner closely with regional sales and marketing counterparts to ensure brand is properly positioned within licensee retail and distribution locally, through the product lens.
4. Through on-going analysis, build assortment, SKU plans and forecasts according to seasonal direction established by Global and Regional teams.
5. Coordinate with regional sales and marketing counterparts to ensure licensees execute approved product merchandising plans seasonally.
6. Provide input to relevant regional and global teams with product and merchandising information as needed (contract negotiations, new contract terms, etc.)
7. Guide licensees with design and production requirements for producing Vans products locally. Analyze and approve products following regional and global direction and requirements for the brand.
8. Liaise with global counterparts to verify legal, design and quality standards are met for the brand.
9. Lead product and merchandising presentations and discussions for Licensees’ at seasonal sales meetings held in Asia Pacific.
Competency Requirements :
Minimum Relevant Experience : 5+ years of related professional experience within the footwear and / or apparel / accessory licensing industry
Minimum Supervisory Experience : n / a
Minimum Degree Held : University
Language Proficiency :
Specific Working Conditions
Frequency of Travel : Willingness to travel through the region and occasional trips to USA (HQ).
Other Specific Working Conditions : Bend, lift, open and move product depending on need