Salary : HK$18,205 per month or the actual pay point of an appointed candidate before his / her retirement from the civil service, whichever is lower.
The Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) is inviting applications for the position of Seasonal Lifeguard (Swimming Pool / Water Sports Centre) under the Post-
Retirement Service Contract (PRSC) Scheme. Only retired civil servants or retiring civil servants on final leave meeting the following entry requirements are eligible for applying for the said PRSC position.
Resignees will not be considered. The post holders will be required to perform lifesaving duties at any swimming pools or water sports centres of the LCSD.
Entry Requirements : Candidates should be -
Candidates should be -
2) retiring Senior Artisans (Beach / Swimming Pool), Artisans (Beach / Swimming Pool), Senior Artisans(Lifeguard at Water Sports Centre) and Artisans (Lifeguard at Water Sports Centre) on final leave at the time of close of applications; or
3) retired Senior Artisans (Beach / Swimming Pool), Artisans (Beach / Swimming Pool), Senior Artisans (Lifeguard at Water Sports Centre) and Artisans (Lifeguard at Water Sports Centre) who might have ceased work in LCSD for more than three years at the time of close of applications but have served as non-
civil service contract (NCSC) Seasonal Lifeguards in the last three years at the time of close of applications.
Candidates must meet the following requirements
2) possess a valid Pool Lifeguard Award or Beach Lifeguard Award or above issued by the Hong Kong Life Saving Society Note : Applicants must possess a valid Pool Lifeguard Award or above to be qualified for performing lifesaving duties in public swimming pools.
For those applicants possessing a valid Beach Lifeguard Award or above only, they will be deployed to water sports centres when there are available job vacancies in water sports centres.
5) pass an eyesight test and the Ishihara's Test. (An applicant's visual acuity should be at least 6 / 60, i.e. myopia not exceeding roughly 300 degrees.
Wearing of plastic corrective lens and goggles with appropriate prescription while on duty is mandatory unless candidates have unaided good eyesight for lifesaving duties.); and
6) have satisfactory performance and conduct in the most recent three years of service in LCSD.
3) To maintain order; and
4) To assist in cleaning work.
Working Hours :
The conditioned working hours are 45 hours net per week. The incumbent is required to work 7½ hours per day (excluding meal breaks).
He / she is required to work shifts during the period from 6 : 15 am to 10 : 15 pm according to supervisors' arrangements or to work overtime.
He / she is also required to work on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The post holders will be deployed to any public swimming pools or water sports centres of LCSD subject to operational needs.
Terms of Appointment :
Applicants will be appointed on contract terms under the PRSC Scheme.
Fringe Benefits :
Rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), annual leave, maternity / paternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
Upon satisfactory completion of the contract and subject to satisfactory performance and conduct during the contract period, PRSC Seasonal Lifeguard (Swimming Pool / Water Sports Centre) may be granted a gratuity.
The gratuity payable for the contract will be the sum which, when added to the Government's contribution as required by the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Ordinance (Cap 485), equals to 15% of the total basic salary of substantive office drawn during the period of contract.
According to the No Double Benefit rule, those PRSC Seasonal Lifeguards (Swimming Pool / Water Sports Centre) who are retiring Senior Artisans (Beach / Swimming Pool), Artisans (Beach / Swimming Pool), Senior Artisans (Lifeguard at Water Sports Centre) and Artisans (Lifeguard at Water Sports Centre) on final leave will not be entitled to contract gratuity during the overlapping period, i.
e. the period when the staff are on final leave and are employed as PRSC Seasonal Lifeguards (Swimming Pool / Water Sports Centre), until their formal departure from the civil service.
For pensioners taking up PRSC positions, the payment of their monthly pensions will be suspended under the pension legislation during the period of their PRSC employment, unless and until they have reached the applicable normal or prescribed retirement age specified in the relevant pension legislation.
How to Apply :
1) Completed application forms together with photocopies of valid lifesaving awards and first aid certificates should reach the enquiry address on or before the closing date.
Please specify on the envelope "Application for PRSC Seasonal Lifeguard (Swimming Pool / Water Sports Centre)". Applications which are incomplete, or late, or submitted by fax or email, or not duly signed, or not made in the prescribed form will not be considered.
2) Application Forms (G.F. 340 (Rev. 3 / 2013)) are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department.
The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's web site ().
3) Applicants should ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage is affixed before posting so as to avoid unsuccessful delivery of application.
Any underpaid mail items will be returned or disposed of by the Hongkong Post.
4) Candidates who are selected for interview / trade tests will normally receive an invitation in 1-2 weeks from the closing date for applications.
Those who are not invited for selection interview / trade tests may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.