Course Taught :
1) Foundation Certificate in Basic English Vocabulary in Use I / II / III (Part-time)
2) Foundation Certificate in Basic English Grammer I / II / III (Part-time)
3) Certificate in Workplace English (Business Email Writing) (Part-time)
4) Foundation Certificate in Workplace English (Reading and Writing) I / II (Part-time)
5) Foundation Certificate in Workplace English (Listening and Speaking) I / II (Part-time)
Major Duties :
d) To participate in projects and functions; and
e) To coordinate language enhancement activities.
a) (i) A recognised degree in English Language / Language Studies (English) / Linguistics / English Literature / English Communication / Translation, preferably with post-graduate qualifications; OR
ii) A recognised degree in a non-relevant field, preferably with post-graduate qualifications, AND a relevant English teaching qualification, such as Postgraduate Certificate / Diploma in Education (Majoring in English), Teaching English as a Second Language or as a Foreign Language or To Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA / Trinity CertTESOL and English-teaching certification recognised by TESL Canada) or English for Specific Purposes (ESP).
c) Good communication, teaching and facilitation skills in both English and Chinese; and
d) Relevant work experience would be an advantage.
1) The post is in the rank of the "Teaching Associate".
2) Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a written test in English.
3) Appointees may be required to perform duties at different IVDC sites such as Lai Chi Kok, Tuen Mun, Fanling, Ma On Shan, Tseung Kwan O and etc.
4) Appointees will be remunerated at an hourly rate.