e) attained a level of proficiency in Chinese and English Languages equivalent to Primary 6 standard; and(f) passed a trade test.
Notes : (i) Candidates without supporting documents of the Chinese and English Languages proficiency of (e) above may also apply but they will be required to pass the assessments of Chinese and English languages proficiency during the selection interview.
ii) The Beach Lifeguard Award and Pool Lifeguard Award should be obtained or reassessed by the Hong Kong Life Saving Society within the preceding three years at the date of appointment.
iii) The First Aid Certificate should be issued by the St John Ambulance Association, Hong Kong Red Cross, or Auxiliary Medical Service within the preceding three years at the date of appointment.
Note : The Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) is inviting applications for the position of non-civil service contract (NCSC) full-
year full-time Lifeguard. Successful candidates will be deployed, from time to time, to work at any public beaches, swimming pools or water sports centres at the discretion of the LCSD based on operational needs.
c) assisting in law enforcement and maintenance of order;(d) assisting in cleansing work; and(e) performing winter work duties.
iii) required to undergo in-service training;(iv) required to wear uniform; and(v) required to wear plastic corrective lens and goggles with appropriate prescription while on duty unless candidates have unaided good eyesight for lifesaving duties.
Terms of Appointment : Successful applicants will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms. The contract period is around one year.
The actual contract period will be determined by the LCSD according to operational needs. Fringe Benefits Rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), annual leave, maternity / paternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
Upon satisfactory completion of the contract and subject to satisfactory performance and conduct during the contract period, NCSC full-
year full-time Lifeguards may be granted a gratuity. The gratuity payable for the contract will be the sum which, when added to the Government’s contribution as required by the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Ordinance (Cap.
485), equals to 15% of the total basic salary of substantive office drawn during the period of contract. General Notes : (1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service.
Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing.
In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and / or interview.
6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he / she will be invited to attend the selection interview / written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions / Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications.
They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address. How to apply : (1) Applications Forms (G.
F.340 (Rev.3 / 2013)) are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department.
The completed application form should reach the Appointments and Establishment Unit, Leisure Services Support Section, 7 / F, Leisure and Cultural Services Headquarters, 1 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, New Territories, Hong Kong not later than 11 July 2019.
Please specify on the envelope Application for the position of NCSC full-year full-time Lifeguard . The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application.
Applicants should ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage is affixed before posting so as to avoid unsuccessful delivery of applications.
Any underpaid mail items will be returned or disposed of by the Hongkong Post. Applications which are incomplete, late, submitted by fax or email, not duly signed by the applicants, or not made in the prescribed form will not be considered.
2) Candidates should attach to their applications photocopies of lifesaving awards and first aid certificates.(3) Candidates who hold academic qualifications obtained from Hong Kong institutions / Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority are not required to submit photocopies of the official transcripts and certificates.
4) Candidates who hold academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions / Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority should attach to their applications photocopies of the official transcripts and certificates.
5) All candidates who are invited for selection interview and trade tests will be required to produce the original copies of lifesaving awards, first aid certificates and the official transcripts and certificates of local / non-
local academic qualifications for verification, as well as photocopies for record purposes (applicable to those of which photocopies are not required when applications are submitted).
Application will be deemed unsuccessful if any applicant fails to produce the original copies of the required documents for verification.
Notes : Candidates should state clearly in their applications details of the qualifications in lifesaving and first aid as well as full-
time work experience as shortlisting criteria may be applied for selecting better qualified candidates to the selection interview and trade tests.
6) Candidates who are selected for selection interview and trade tests will normally receive an invitation in about four to ten weeks from the closing date of applications.
Those who are not invited for selection interview and trade tests may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. Enquiry Address : Appointments and Establishment Unit, Leisure Services Support Section, 7 / F.
Leisure and Cultural Services Headquarters, 1 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, N.T., Hong Kong. Enquiry Telephone : 2601 8050 or 2601 8040 Closing Date(dd / mm / yyyy) : 11 / 07 / 2019 23 : 59 : 00