Position : Hospital Chef II Rank : Hospital Chef II Department : Catering Department Hospital : Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong West Cluster Salary : HK$29,290 HK$34,260 (HGPS point 12 - 15) per month including Monthly Allowance (See Remarks 2) Key Responsibilities : 1.
Supervise cooks, foreman and frontline staff in each designated kitchen areas , cooking, plating, serving, cleaning, storing etc.
2. Responsible for patient and non-patient catering services. 3. Ensure all staff work to pre-determined standards of hygiene and safety and established principles and policies.
4. Perform designated checklist and procedures for quality assurance and quality control. 5. Provide on job training and monitor catering staff.
6. Responsible for stock control, ordering goods and goods receipt. 7. Arrange for repair and maintenance of utensils, equipment and facilities.
8. Liaise with wards and other departments in any catering matters. 9. Perform all human resources matters in the department including SDR, orientation to new staff, annual manpower review and planning.
10. Prepare staff duty and leave rosters. 11. Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors. Entry Requirements : 1.
Certificate in Hotel, Catering and Institutional Operations or equivalent; or Chef Apprenticeship; and 2. With a minimum of 2 years’ bulk cooking experience.
Preferable Attributes / Exposure : 1. With minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience in catering industry. 2. Hands-on experience in large scale cooking.
3. Knowledge of or training in ISO quality systems, HACCP and OSH. 4. Knowledge and / or experience in DCMS, ERP application.
5. Knowledge and / or experience in cook-chill system and production. 6. Possess PC skills, , words, powerpoint. For Serving HA Staff 1.
The selected candidate will be offered either contract or fixed term appointment for up to 3 years depending on his / her existing employment terms.
a) Contract employee will be offered contract employment with an up to 15% of total basic salary (after deducting the contribution of Mandatory Provident Fund by Hospital Authority) as contract-end gratuity subject to completion of contract with satisfactory performance.
b) Permanent employee will be offered a fixed term appointment after which the employee may be reverted back to his / her former substantive rank.
2. The offer of salary and allowance (Cash Allowance, Fixed-flexi Allowance or Monthly Allowance) for serving employees upon changes in appointment will be determined based on the remuneration package / employment terms of the staff concerned and prevailing policies.
3. Staff in the Cook rank who is on civil service terms will, if selected, be appointed under the shadow Promotion Scheme.
For External Applicants 4. Appointment will be on contract terms for up to 3 years. Up to 15% of total basic salary (after deducting the contribution of Mandatory Provident Fund by Hospital Authority) as contract-end gratuity may be offered subject to completion of contract with satisfactory performance.
5. Retiring / retired HA staff who wish to continue working for HA after their normal retirement may also apply. If selected, the terms and conditions of employment will be offered in accordance with prevailing policies of the Retired and Rehire Mechanism of HA.
For All Applicants 6. Selected candidate may be required to perform on-call duties, work shifts, irregular hours or attend duties during typhoon, rainstorm and other emergencies.
7. The renewal / extension of appointment will be subject to service needs, availability of funding and job performance.
8. May be required to wear uniform or working clothes. 9. May be required to work in another work location to meet service needs of the HA.
Please submit your application on-line on or before 28 September 2021 .