Goal : Use ESL, medical ministry, children's ministry, teacher's training, pastoral leadership training, and / or equipping for Business as Mission to strengthen the local church.
Q & A with ACTION missionaries Daren and Jodi Beck
1. What are some ministry tasks that you want the intern or team to accomplish while serving with you?
The intern would serve the local church by working alongside our Khmer colleagues in Evangelism and Discipleship. This could be accomplished by using ESL, medical ministry, children's ministry, teacher's training, pastoral leadership training, and / or equipping for Business as Mission.
2. What are some key lessons from your ministry and walk with the Lord that you want to impart to the intern or team to help them as they consider their own individual call to missions or vocational ministry?
Coming to Cambodia will NOT make you a more sanctified follower of Jesus! Missionaries won't be able to do things like evangelism and disciple-making overseas that they were unwilling and / or unable to do in their local churches at home.
Theology matters everyday as a cross-cultural missionary. Spiritual disciplines, like prayer, Bible reading, and Scripture memory and study, are foundational for all of us!
3. What criteria do you use to measure the effectiveness of an intern or team serving with you?
Effective interns and teams will be teachable, humble learners, and be servant-hearted - the 'Trifecta' of an effective missionary for both short-term and long-term service.
4. What would a typical day look like?
This would depend completely on the assignment. If, for example, interns or teams were assigned to one of our partnering schools, they would anticipate teaching 5-6 hours per day with 2 hours of preparation time.
5. Please list specific skills an intern or team may expect to develop by the time the internship or team trip is completed.
6. Please list any books you would encourage the interns or teams to read before their field experience with you.
Contact a member of our Mobilization Team for more info.