At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities.
We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone’s ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together.
Our people stay connected and tuned in to what’s happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
The successful candidate will join the Economic Capital Reporting - Results Team, which produces regular Economic Capital and Solvency II Results for Prudential Corporation Asia (PCA) for quarterly reporting and business planning purposes.
Role Responsibilities : 1) Technical stimulation in which the role requires review and challenge of the local business units on their Solvency II and Economic Capital result submissions, and taking part in the production, analysis and presentation of capital results published by Prudential 2) Understanding of the risks underlying Prudential as a business, and the reasons behind the its evolving risk landscape.
3) Wide exposure to understand Prudential's businesses in all local business units through regular communication and discussions.
4) Ongoing communication and exposure with multiple stakeholders at Prudential Corporation Asia ("PCA") and Group, such as Finance, Risk, and country managers and external auditors.
5) Opportunities for senior management exposure as the Economic Capital and Solvency II results are reported to senior management here at PCA, Group Head Office in the UK, and local senior management.
Candidate Specifications 1) A motivated self starter - who is able to work with limited supervision and is able to communicate issues proactively and timely.
2) 3-6 years of relevant experience, recent reporting experience is very much preferred 3) A good communicator - someone who is able to communicate results, and get across complex ideas in terms which are suitable for the listener due to the wide range of stakeholders this team has, such as accountants, actuaries, senior management.
4) Able to work under time pressures - due to the multiple deadlines and deliverables 5) Able to multi task effectively, due to the number of local business units the team works with.
6) Knowledge of Solvency II or having recent working experience in Economic Capital is preferred 7) Proficiency in English is a must, Fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin is preferred