- Crafting top quality Search Engine Optimised headlines, subheads as well as picture and graphics captions
- Ensuring all stories have accurate and eye-catching visual elements
- Using analytical tools to ensure stories are delivered at the right time and to the right audience
- Organisational skills to manage web layout
- Editing, fact-checking, rewriting and polishing copy to ensure stories are accurate, readable and engaging
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a real-time online news operation, wire service or a newspaper is essential. Newcomers to the industry will not be considered
- Capable of turning around raw copy quickly and the patience to work constructively with contributors where English may not be a first language
- Awareness of media law and legal dangers, and of social media as a news dissemination tool
- Strong familiarity with the China/Asia context of news, economic, politics, diplomatic and business/finance
- Can-do attitude with excellent English subbing skills and zero tolerance for grammatical errors, spelling and improper story structure
- Solid news judgment and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Chinese-language skills an advantage
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Interested parties please send curriculum vitae with full career details, salary history, availability and expected salary to the People Department, 19/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or by clicking firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy. You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.
Powered by JazzHR