The role sits within the Product group for Hong Kong and Macau, one of Visa’s most dynamic markets. This role is responsible for developing compelling and differentiated consumer product propositions and supporting client engagements with subject matter expertise and thought leadership. The Consumer Product Manager will work with the Product Director to grow existing Visa portfolios, win new business and launch new products.
The role will have broad responsibilities spanning consumer credit, debit and prepaid, instalments, and loyalty as well as key customer segments including affluent and millennials.
Portfolio optimization plans will be developed, with the product manager taking a data-driven and keen analytical approach to identify opportunities to grow spend, understand consumer needs, and work with clients to build consumer value propositions and opportunities to promote value added services. This requires commercial and business case analysis to drive the development of new product features and product rules.
Candidates must have extensive experience with consumer payments, ideally with consumer credit cards. In addition, candidates must be fluent in digital and mobile payment trends and use cases. The role will require strong data and analytical skills, consultative client engagement, and relationship building skills to understand client strategy, priorities and needs. The role also requires strong internal cross-functional collaboration and teamwork, partnering closely with the Business Development team, Visa Consulting & Analytics, Marketing, and Fintech and Proposition Development teams to execute on initiatives. The role holder must possess a unique combination of commercial acumen, strategic thinking, execution discipline and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Execute against the product strategy for Hong Kong and Macau to deliver against product targets (gross revenue, cards in force, payments volume, x-border volume and transactions)
- Develop and maintain best practices, market landscape and competitor analysis
- Continually assess client portfolio performance, taking a data-driven and analytical approach to promote the use of Visa products and solutions.
- Support client pitches to win new business by working with the Business Development team in identifying high potential new clients to launch products and provide product support from the initial pitch to their public launch.
- Scope, assess and drive opportunities with lending fintechs in partnership with the Business Development team.
- Work closely with the Visa's Hub product team in Singapore to define and develop strategies to build, and refresh product content to support the Business Development team and our clients to grow, manage and optimize Consumer Product solutions.
5+ years’ experience in leading bank, financial institution, global payment network, or related payment company, with a commercial understanding of the consumer product P&L
Ability to translate client needs into product requirements by adapting existing product and solutions to client and market’s needs
Enthusiasm and curiosity for financial services, and in particular payments
Broad payments industry knowledge or experience
Past experience in conducting consumer research and recommendation development
Bachelor’s Degree Required
Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
English (professional working proficiency)
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.