Your field of responsibility
BPS IB COLM - IB COB is within the APAC BPS COLM department and focused on
1. Taking ownership of the client onboarding process across all jurisdictions globally and initial due diligence activities bringing potential relationships from prospect client’ to trading client’ in the shortest possible time, minimizing risks, delays and maximizing the quality standards ensuring full compliance with all relevant requirements.
Facilitating and coordinating with relevant FO and Business COOs new business initiatives. Advising APAC IB (ATS and IBCM) sales personnel and direct clients on any client onboarding requirement globally (e.
g. KYC, account opening, tax and suitability) and proactively solution to the extent permissible, issue impact a client onboarding request in relation to (a) client identification and compliance requirements (b) Credit or Legal issues (c) static data issues (d) product system (OPP).
2. Handling case preparation for low and high risk client onboarding requests including (i) complex clients (e.g. hedge funds, trusts and unregulated entities, insurances, sovereign and any entities based in high risk’ jurisdictions) (ii) accounts with booking entities supervised in multiple jurisdictions and (iii) clients trading products that present credit, compliance and legal implications attracting enhanced regulatory scrutiny.
3. Performing screening activities linked to the client onboarding requests and facilitating relevant dis-positioning by FO and potential reporting to Compliance for clearance in regards to PEP, Rep.
Risk etc. Ensuring the client onboarding request submitted to compliance for approval is in a complete and accurate manner having regard to all applicable client due diligence, tax and other regulatory requirements.
4. Proactively engaging all relevant business partners with a view to steadily improve and optimize controls and processes relevant to new client onboarding and account opening & forms governance processes.
Ensuring high standards of Ethics and Control be maintained during the performance of day-to-day activities, reporting / investigating potential regulatory breaches.
5. Assisting in ad-hoc / ongoing regulatory projects and performing relevant controls embedded in the process. Maintaining and improving quality of client static data capture on internal client data platforms (e.
g. iCON Party / CMS and Fenergo). Producing relevant MI pertaining to IB COB activities, feeding Key Performance Indicators, KRI and APAC governance metrics.
Main duties / responsibilities of the role
Additionally, the incumbent might also engage in :
Driving and delivering continuous operational improvements in the processes and diligently use the tooling part of the IB client IT platforms
Delivering MI for capacity and delivery management
Driving and tracking, subject to pre-agreed parameters, the necessary prioritization review of ad-hoc initiatives
Providing relevant translations to / from English for BAU and day to day team needs in other languages mastered by the incumbent
Your future colleagues
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
To excel in this role, you should possess :
Technical / business skills & knowledge
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law.
If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.