1. Responsible for achievement of Program technical, revenue and cost objectives and establishment and management of customer and internal and external team relationships.
2. Assists Business Development, Sales and Product Development activities by conducting feasibility analyses of potential programs.
Feasibility studies include market analysis, production and delivery capability, impact on other Company programs and projects, risk assessment, and financial objectives (e.
g., revenue, profit, earned value, ROI). Programs should also fit into the company’s overall strategic plan.
3. Assembles and leads under his / her functional area Bid teams responding to tenders and / or requirement specifications.
Liaise and coordinate with multidiscipline subject matter expertise across Smiths Detection and the Centres of Excellences / Manufacturing plants.
4. Strong Commercial acumen to support and drive opportunity development and program management.
5. Implements all Program policies and procedures (including the Program Lifecycle Management PLM process) and Applies Company’s decision criteria for accepting and rejecting programs.
6. Organizes and coordinates activities that may include manufacturing, engineering, planning, maintenance, R&D, to effect program efficiency and effectiveness.
7. Organizes, allocated resources, and manages the internal and external multidisciplinary teams and customer relationships on medium size and / or complex Programmes.
8. Analyzes budget estimates against program goals and price / cost objectives, and contributes to Approved budgets. Tracks program progress via earned value or similar method.
9. Support Sales for RFP, RFQ, RFI, etc.
10. Prepares detailed program plan and schedule, presents to senior management, and receives approval or makes revisions to receive approval to initiate the program.
11. Serves as the key contact with program customer(s) and maintain positive customer relations. Negotiates and reaches agreement with customer or end user (internal or external to company) on all his / her Programme specifications including Programme deliverables, scope, time, cost and quality.
12. Communicates effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
13. Responsible for the overall support, coordination, and results of allocated programs or opportunities.
14. Periodically conducts risk assessment of program deliverables based on impact and probability, and takes action to mediate risk.
Appropriately escalates risks in accordance with governance model.
15. Effectively reports program status to all stakeholders, including metrics and change control. Prepares and presents periodic status reports and retain documentation.
16. Develops and uses control methods and reporting for forecasting, identifying, monitoring and resolving programme variances in scope, cost, time and quality
17. Closes program by receiving documented acceptance from customer / end user, completing all required documentation and transitions the program to the service team.
18. Must comply with and ensure department compliance with Company ethical, health, safety and environmental policies.
19. Must comply with all applicable export and security regulations.
20. Other duties as assigned.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics.
We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.