Vice President, Open Account Trade Finance Business Developer
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Permanent contract Corporate & Investment banking Apply
The successful incumbent is expected to promote and grow the Open Account Trade Finance( OATF ) business including Receivable Purchase and Supply Chain Finance under Global Transaction Banking for Asia region while working closely with various country trade teams in the region.
Specialized prior experience in Receivable Finance & Supply Chain Finance solution structuring, business promotion and delivery is pre-requisite for the role.
Key responsibilities consist of, but are not limited to : -
1. Ability to collaborate well with internal stakeholders on identifying and driving new OATF opportunities independently, self-starter, an eye for details and proven track record on handling OATF deals end to end.
2. Good understanding and experience of handling various structures under OATF business for e.g. Insurance backed transactions, risk participation and basic syndication structures.
3. Knowledge about documentation, analysis required for optimal deal structing, credit analysis with excellent understanding of associated risks and mitigants is essential.
4. Prior experience on working on product procedures for this business and understanding of operational booking procedures would be advantageous.
5. Providing advisory and driving discussions with clients and internal trade teams to facilitate development and delivering of OATF solutions.
6. Experience in Asian markets, ability to drive discussions & deals remotely in other countries, ability to work on cross border collaborations is required for the role.
1. At least 8 10 years’ experience in banking, of which at least 7 years of experience in Receivables / Payables Finance in client-facing or product roles.
2. Expertise on business
to present OATF solutions and drive forward stated objectives
3. Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
4. Strong ability to build up relationships to facilitate teamwork with other departments / business lines and internal stakeholders on transversal issues
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years.
With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong.
Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model.
Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management.
In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Global Transaction & Payment Services (GTPS) is the Business Unit designed for domestic and international companies and institutions seeking support with commercial transactions (bank, commercial and corporate transactions) and payments.
GTPS includes Payments & Cash Management (PCM), Cash Clearing services (BAN), Trade Finance services (TRA), Factoring (SGF) and Foreign Exchange services (FX) associated to these activities.
The Trade Services Department (GTPS / TRA) accompanies the Group’s clients in their international development by providing positive impact trade finance solutions and services.
Within GBIS, GTPS / TRA operates and develops documentary trade finance activities.
As part of its oversight mission on documentary trade finance activities across the Group, GTPS / TRA supports the other Business Units in developing a sustainable documentary trade finance business.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Reference : 220001EC Entity : Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch Starting date : 2022 / 02 / 14 Publication date : 2022 / 01 / 14 Apply Share