The role requires the ability to pick up new programming languages and a willingness to collaborate with designers and journalists to make the best decisions to help develop the graphics department’s award-winning portfolio of standalone visual stories.
On the frontend you will need to help build and maintain interactive data visualizations, and interactive widgets. Your duties also include maintaining backend systems using NodeJS, ExpressJS and LoopbackJS as well as developing and maintaining REST APIs.
- A team ethic to constantly improve your output and the output of the Graphics team
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical concepts to journalists, designers and other engineers
- Working with large and/or complex data sets
- Data scraping, debugging, unit testing,
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related disciplines
- Experience as a web developer or mobile developer building multimedia digital products
- Experience writing solid, production-quality code
- Passion and enthusiasm for open source technologies
- Database: SQL, MySQL, JSON
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as git, gitlab
- Experience or knowledge of SSH, SFTP and cloud-based deployment (AWS, Alicloud, Google cloud, Azure) and general server administration
- Natural language processing and data scraping in Chinese is a major plus
- Possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures and algorithms, distributed systems, and both SQL & NoSQL databases
- Proven experience with modern frameworks like AngularJS or ReactJS or VueJS and Svelte
- Experience with WebGL technologies
- Knowledge of SCSS/SASS
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Interested parties please send curriculum vitae with full career details, salary history, availability and expected salary to the People Department, 19/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or by clicking firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy. You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.
Powered by JazzHR