Job Summary :
Performs printing functions including set up and operation of, digital production photocopy machines, digital colour photocopy machine, print production equipment, plate-
making equipment, bindery duties, cleaning and lubricating equipment; performs duties related to maintaining master files, forms standardization, forms numbering, monitoring print supplies and materials according to established policies and procedures.
Duties / Accountabilities :
1. Sets up and operates digital production photocopiers, digital colour photocopier, print production equipment, plate making equipment.
2. As required, adjusts, cleans and lubricates machine parts.
3. Performs a variety of bindery duties such as drilling, collating, punching and stapling of materials.
4. Monitors print supplies, materials and forms and refers to supervisor when supplies are low.
5. Participates in Quality Improvement processes by providing input to the print shop production planning team on matters related to production timelines and industry quality standards.
6. Maintains master files and records printing job statistics by performing duties such as updating job cost files according to pre-
established pricing structure.
7. Initiates distribution of printed forms and stock in response to requisitions received from client departments.
8. Maintains production and client records by performing duties such as updating electronic files as change requests arrive from clients.
9. Maintains contact and distribution records in hard copy and electronic formats.
10. Provides minor layout and design changes following established guidelines, or advises supervisor when referral to external graphic art support is required for major layout and design changes are required.
11. Works with photocopy fleet and assists clients as required.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
Grade 10 and three (3) years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities